LinkedIn is how job seekers and employers network online. We know that networking is one of the best ways to get a job these days, which is why a good LinkedIn account can really make a difference if you’re trying to showcase your experience, skills and education.
While other social media sites put an emphasis on making personal connections, LinkedIn was designed strictly for professional networking. It’s the first of it’s kind to gain popularity. It’s become an essential recruiting tool for many.
While the site seemed to come out of nowhere, there was some method to its creation.
Let’s learn a bit more about the site that puts the network into social network.
10 Facts about LinkedIn
- The company was founded in December 2002 and the site was launched in May 2003.
- Microsoft bought LinkedIn in 2016, linking the site to many of its professional tools.
- There are over 375 million members. These accounts come from over 200 countries. This is the most popular professional networking site out there.
- US high school students are now creating accounts to put with post-secondary education applications.
- The mobile app version of the site was launched in February 2008.
- Each week, 52 million members use the site to job search.
- Of all the popular or noteworthy social media platforms, LinkedIn has been around the longest. Facebook, for example, was founded in 2004 and has seen a decline in popularity.
- Bill Gates has 35.6 million followers. The most out of any user on the site.
- The majority of users are Millennials and business professionals.
- 58 million companies have profiles, as they rely on the site for recruitment and advertising.
Did any of these surprise you?
Do you have an account? TwinBytes does! Follow us on our LinkedIn for updates!
Subscribe to our Videos
We post them on LinkedIn, but if you want to ensure you never miss one, subscribe to our YouTube channel for weekly content.
Here is our latest video:
If you have a IT issue, TwinBytes is your go-to company for tech support. We are located in the York Region, but can offer remote services for some issues. Contact us today for help.