If you have multiple Inboxes or PST files and/or some combination of OST and PST where you have more than one Inbox in Outlook and you want to change the default folder (Inbox) that opens by default when you open Outlook, I’ll show you here.
- With Outlook 2013 open, click on “File”
- Click “Options” in the drop down File menu.
- The options Window opens (as in the image above). Click on “Advanced” on the left menu bar.
- On the right side of the screen you seen “Star Outlook in this folder”. It says “Inbox” most likely. Click the “Browse” button to the right of that.
- Now scroll through your list of folders and click on the folder you want to be your default.
- Click OK on that browse window.
- Click OK on the Options window.
- Now close Outlook, and when you open it again you should notice you are automatically directed to the folder you chose in step 5.